Join us for a Facebook discussion on Clark Aldrich’s book, Unschooling Rules at 10am (U.S. Central/5pm European Central) on June 3, 2017. We will stream the chat live on our Facebook page: facebook.com/educationfutures.
From the publisher: The most powerful new ideas in education are coming from the families that have given up on schools. From his experience with homeschoolers and unschoolers, education guru Clark Aldrich distills a revolutionary manifesto of 55 core ”rules” that reboots our vision of childhood education and the role of schools. The include:
- Learn to be; learn to do; learn to know.
- Tests don’t work. Get over it. Move on.
- What a person learns in a classroom is how to be a person in a classroom.
- Animals are better than books about animals.
- Internships, apprenticeships, and interesting jobs beat term papers, textbooks, and tests.
- The only sustainable answer to the global education challenge is a diversity of approaches.
This accessible book provides you with a path forward, whether you’re a parent or teacher, a school administrator, or a national policy decision maker.