[Cross-posted from e-rgonomic]
Passport of skills for a knowledge worker:
- Not restricted to a specific age.
- Highly engaged, creative, innovative, collaborative and motivated.
- Uses information and develops knowledge in changing workplaces (not tied to an office).
- Inventive, intuitive, and able to know things and produce ideas.
- Capable of creating socially constructed meaning and contextually reinvent meanings.
- Rejects the role of being an information custodian and associated rigid ways of organizing information.
- Network maker, always connecting people, ideas, organizations, etc.
- Possesses an ability to use many tools to solve many different problems.
- High digital literacy.
- Competence to solve unknown problems in different contexts.
- Learning by sharing, without geographical limitation.
- Highly adaptable to different contexts/environments.
- Aware of the importance to provide open access to information.
- Interest in context and the adaptability of information to new situations.
- Capable of unlearning quickly, and always bringing in new ideas.
- Competence to create open and flat knowledge networks.
- Learns continuously (formally and informally) and updates knowledge.
- Constantly experiments new technologies (especially the collaborative ones).
- Not afraid of failure.
Cristóbal Cobo. [http://www.slideshare.net/cristobalcobo]
Stephen Collins. [http://www.slideshare.net/trib]
John Moravec. [http://www.slideshare.net/moravec]